To Veterans who do NOT have a DoD Identification card:
We often visit venues at a reunion event that ask for proof you are a veteran. You can get all the information at www.va.gov/records/get-veteran-id-cards/vic You can also go to your local Veteran's Affairs office and apply for a card. You will need a copy of your DD214, social security number and copy of your driver's license or a state-issued ID card, or a photo such as a passport.
You can get a Veteran ID Card if:
- You served on active duty, in the Reserves, or in the National Guard.
- Received an honorable or general discharge (under honorable conditions)
This card can be used as identification at many restaurants, hotels, stores and other businesses for a discount.
Types of Veteran ID Cards:
- DoD Identification card (shows your military status and allows access to services at military bases)
- Veteran Heath Identification
- Veteran ID Card
- Veteran's designation on a state-issued driver's license