To Veterans who do NOT have a DoD Identification card:

We often visit venues at a reunion event that ask for proof you are a veteran. You can get all the information at You can also go to your local Veteran's Affairs office and apply for a card. You will need a copy of your DD214, social security number and copy of your driver's license or a state-issued ID card, or a photo such as a passport.

You can get a Veteran ID Card if:

- You served on active duty, in the Reserves, or in the National Guard.

- Received an honorable or general discharge (under honorable conditions)

This card can be used as identification at many restaurants, hotels, stores and other businesses for a discount.

Types of Veteran ID Cards:

- DoD Identification card (shows your military status and allows access to services at military bases)

- Veteran Heath Identification

- Veteran ID Card

- Veteran's designation on a state-issued driver's license